A World of Widgets from Widgetbox

2008-11-23_1923I love playing around with widgets for my blog.  Often I'll put up a widget and a few days later take it down just to see if I really like it, and this goes on until I find one that I think I will keep for a while.  Of course finding widgets usually requires searching about the web, clicking on widgets in other blogs, etc.  So I got pretty excited when I found Widgetbox.

You can choose thousands of widgets for your blogs and web sites in all sorts of categories.  Because I love twitter, I chose to try out a twitter widget and place in my sidebar.  It shows the last twitter I posted, which then lets readers click over to my twitter page.

2008-11-23_2031
Probably one of the coolest features they offer is something called a Widget Panel, a widget itself that lets you add and manage a set of widgets for some region on your blog.  If you sign up for an account (free), you get to manage all of your widgets and widget panels.  My only problem with the widget panel is that to customize it beyond the simple options they provide, you'll need to know CSS, which you can edit as part of the widget panel creation wizard.  I think perhaps there should be some extra, easy options like "center all widgets inside panel."  Maybe there is, but I had to put "margin 0 auto;" into the CSS field for the contained widgets.  Still, if you know CSS you can do a lot with a widget panel.

And there are even widgets for my favorite things in the whole world.  Books.  Sure, as an amazon associate you can get all kinds of amazon widgets, but when searching book widgets at Widgetbox, I found one that let me provide for my readers a way of searching for books.  Not sure if amazon has one like this, but I thought this particular one was cool.

So if you like games, news, technology, humor, politics or pretty much anything, got get yourself some widgets at Widgetbox.  It's a lot of fun!

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Comments

Blogger said…
You could be qualified for a free $1,000 Amazon Gift Card.

Popular posts from this blog

Brainstorming, Mind Mapping, Curio

OS X Yosemite: Breathing new Life into my Old, Faithful Companion

Quilling and Chilling