Puzzling Interview Leaves Me Puzzled and Still Unemployed

Two weeks ago I interviewed at a company in Pittsburgh called Inmedius, Inc.  I spoke with two people and then took a java competency test and I thought I did well, but it's difficult sometimes to tell how an interview goes, as it was in this case  The recruiter who presented me there told me the next day that they really liked me and were just waiting for my test results, and that I'd probably be made an offer within the week.  So I waited and waited and waited and finally a week and a half later I decided to call the recruiter since she bothered to not call me.  She apologized, of course, and although I scored very high on the test and although they really, really liked me, they decided to pass on me. I guess I am more upset with the recruiter for making me call her and then for her to not press them for some details to give to me.  All they did tell her was that I was lacking experience with some technologies but never mentioned specifically what they were.  I really, really, really hate interviews and I am beginning to hate head hunters and, well, people in general.

That same week I had a phone interview with someone from general dynamics who said afterward that I would be hearing from them within a week or two.  Still awaiting word, but I don't think the interview went so well.  Sometimes I hit it off with an interviewer and other times its very difficult to read them, which was the case here.  A similar thing happened when I applied to google here in Pittsburgh.  But by the time I was finished with that phone interview I felt really, really stupid.  This was a few years back, but I still feel stupid about it, but what sucks is that I figured out the answer to their main interview question sometime after the interview.  Oh well.  Maybe I am just slow and not so stupid after all.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brainstorming, Mind Mapping, Curio

OS X Yosemite: Breathing new Life into my Old, Faithful Companion

Quilling and Chilling